geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem using Geronimo 2.1.3 with MyFaces 1.2 and MyFaces/Trinidad 1.2.10
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 04:28:50 GMT

On Feb 8, 2009, at 11:21 AM, rbaumhof wrote:

> The following problem occurs:
>
> our application is nearly ready for use, and for experimental
> purpose we
> want to try out some additional trinidad controls. We use Geronimo
> 2.1.3
> with build in MyFaces 1.2. The only non core library we use is
> tomahawk
> 1.1.6.  I have downloaded the appropriate trinidad version 1.2.10.
> When the
> application is deployed the following error is shown in geronimo log.
>
> 12:50:31,109 WARN  [JspModuleBuilderExtension] Invalid transformed
> taglib
> org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: Invalid deployment descriptor:
> errors:
>
> D:\geronimo\bin\jar:file:D:\geronimo\repository\vesuv-application
> \vesuv\1.0\vesuv-1.0.ear\VesuvWEB.war\WEB-INF\lib\trinidad-
> impl-1.2.10.jar!\META-INF\tr.tld:112:7:
> error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected elements
> 'variable@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
> attribute@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
> dynamic-attributes@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
> example@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
> tag-extension@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee' instead of
> 'description@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee' here in element
> tag@http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee
>
> Descriptor:
> <taglib
> xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-jsptaglibrary_2_1.xsd
> "
> version="2.1" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
>  <display-name>Apache Trinidad Core</display-name>
>  <tlib-version>1.2.10</tlib-version>
>  <short-name>tr</short-name>
>  <uri>http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad</uri>
>  <listener>
>
> <listener-
> class
> >org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadListenerImpl</
> listener-class>
>  </listener>
>  <tag>
>    <description>The forEach tag is a replacement for the JSTL
> &amp;lt;c:forEach&amp;gt; tag.
> As of JSF 1.2/JSP 2.1/JSTL 1.2, the regular
> &amp;lt;c:forEach&amp;gt; tag
> does work with JSF components.  However, it does not support varStatus
> with JSF!  (Unlike c:forEach, tr:forEach doesn't currently support
> anything
> for "items" other than arrays and lists.)</description>
>    <name>forEach</name>
>
> <tag-class>org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.taglib.ForEachTag</
> tag-class>
>    <attribute>
>      <description>the items over which iteration takes place</
> description>
>      <name>items</name>
>      <deferred-value/>
>    </attribute>
>    <attribute>
>      <description>the name of the variable to expose</description>
> [...]

This warning message is generated because tr.tld does not conform the
the schema for TLD's. In this case the first <description> element is
invalid. You can either ignore this WARNING message or have Geronimo
suppress the warning message. Add the following to var/log/server-
log4j.properties

log4j
.logger
.org.apache.geronimo.jasper.deployment.JspModuleBuilderExtension=ERROR

The Trinidad project should be informed that their tr.tld does not
conform to the TLD schema.

> After this Trinidad shows a message that the config file trinidad-
> config.xml
> is read. When i call the jsp page with a trinidad output text i get
> the
> error:
>
> WARNUNG: Renderer konnte nicht gefunden werden f³r
> CoreForm[UIXFacesBeanImpl, i
> =trinidadForm] rendererType = org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.Form
> 17:18:06,515 WARN  [HtmlRenderKitImpl] Unsupported
> component-family/renderer-ty
> e: org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.Output/org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.Text
> 08.02.2009 17:18:06
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase
> _get
> endererImpl
> WARNUNG: Renderer konnte nicht gefunden werden f³r
> CoreOutputText[UIXFacesBeanI
> pl, id=j_id_jsp_633416429_12] rendererType =
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.Text

Have you followed the instructions in http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/installation.html

  ?

In particular, have you specified <default-render-kit-id> in faces-
config.xml?

--kevan