geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Library is already loaded in another ClassLoader (On stopping and starting the application)
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:34:58 GMT

On Feb 24, 2009, at 2:26 AM, Hearty wrote:

> Hi
>
>      I am getting an error as follows
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: lic (Library is already loaded in
> another
> ClassLoader)
> This is happening when I stopping the application and start it again.
> [apache geronimo is running,
> I am only stopping/starting application by using the admin console]
>
> The lic.jar is present within the repository folder. The jar file is
> internally referring a dll file.
>
> Please give me a valid solution to resolve this issue?

Dealing with native libraries is rather difficult in java.  I think
you'll have to restart geronimo unless you want to do a lot of rather
tricky coding, probably modifying fairly large parts of geronimo.

I've recently discovered that the felix osgi implementation deals with
this problem by copying the native library to a new file and updating
the reference to point to the copy whenever you cycle a classloader.
You might be able to figure out something similar to do but geronimo
does not currently provide any support for this.

david jencks