geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Transaction] TX Required: Started transaction
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 17:09:59 GMT

On Feb 6, 2009, at 4:32 AM, axiez wrote:

> I created empty tables without data manually.

You might not have got the table structure right.... I usually mess
things up when I try to create the tables by hand.  I usually let
openjpa create tables and if I don't like the results add annotations
until I get something I like (or identical to an existing schema if
starting with that).

> I then created jta and non-jta
> datasources pointing to the same database but with different names. I
> created plan-file.xml file for jta datasource and plan-file2.xml for
> non-jta
> datasource. I kept plan-file.xml, plan-file2.xml and tranql-
> connector..rar
> files in the top level directory along with entity, session bean and
> interface. Any other possible causes for my code failure?

There are always lots of possible causes for problems :-)

I think that the easiest way to figure out what is wrong is to call
entityManager.flush() right before your method exits.  This is what
the synchronization is doing, and if your code does it you should have
no problem seeing the error message.

thanks
david jencks