geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ray Clough" <rcclo...@kamakuraco.com>
Subject RE: Jsf RI (Mojarra) in Geronimo
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:25:15 GMT
It would be plausible if I were willing to lose my job for it.  My boss might possibly complain.
- Ray Clough

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jencks [mailto:david_jencks@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tue 2/10/2009 7:33 AM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Jsf RI (Mojarra) in Geronimo

On Feb 9, 2009, at 6:35 PM, Ray Clough wrote:

> The bug is a little hard to describe.  We're using Seam, and one of
> the page 'models' uses the Seam @Autocreate annotation.  The page
> (facelet) should cause this to load.  Later, the model class
> attempts to access it from the context where it is expected to
> reside, and it has not been autocreated.  This was resulting in a
> NPE.  Changing to Mojarra causes the error to go away, and the
> autocreate to work properly.  It is easy enough to work around, but
> we'd rather it worked as advertised.  Since we will soon have to
> support deployment on multiple platforms, we'd like to standardize
> on the JSF library which doesn't cause us problems.

 From our point of view we'd prefer that our bundled jsf works :-)

I wonder if the problem is that seam is in a child classloader from
myfaces whereas if you bundle everything in your app then they are
both in the same classloader?  There are some ways to test this but
they would be tricky unless you are building your app as plugins using
maven.  I guess what you could do is define a mojarra plugin including
the mojarra jars and jee-specs as dependencies and get that installed
and then turn off the myfaces-deployer in your server when deploying
your app. (you'd also need a dependency on your new mojarra plugin).

If you want to test this or know enough about what is going on to
think this is plausible please let us know.

thanks
david jencks