geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ray Clough" <rcclo...@kamakuraco.com>
Subject RE: turning off logging for tld validation during startup
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 05:03:45 GMT
I get over 10000 lines of logging every time I deploy.  I say it should be turned off.  Especially
as everything seems to work as planned anyway.
- Ray Clough

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevan Miller [mailto:kevan.miller@gmail.com]
Sent: Sun 2/8/2009 5:59 PM
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: turning off logging for tld validation during startup

On Jan 31, 2009, at 8:40 PM, Ray_Clough wrote:

> Due to the high volume of console logging or tld errors during
> startup, I
> want to turn logging off for this class.  I've tried appending this
> to the
> logging properties files, but it doesn't work.  Can you suggest the
> correct
> input?  I've seen a lot of attempts at fixing the tlds, but this
> won't be
> feasible in our case.
>
> # turn off deployment-time logging relating to validation of tlds
> log4j.logger.org.apache.geronimo.deployment.xmlbeans=OFF

xmlbeans is creating the exception, but that's not the source of the
log message. JspModuleBuilderExtension is creating the WARN messages.
The following should suppress the WARNings...

log4j
.logger
.org.apache.geronimo.jasper.deployment.JspModuleBuilderExtension=ERROR

Given the number of TLD's that violate the TLD schema, I wonder if we
should just turn the WARN into a DEBUG...

--kevan