geronimo-user mailing list archives

From PaJaSoft <janou...@fonet.cz>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.1.x, standard MyFaces bundle, org.apache.myfaces.ERROR_HANDLER in web.xml - classloading problem
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:42:00 GMT

Ivan-65 wrote:

> Hi, if possible, could you please upload your app, or remove those
> confidential contents, only a simple app that could reproduce the error
> you
> mentioned.
> Thanks!

Hi Ivan,

the smallest WEB application that I can imagine is
http://www.fonet.cz/MyFacesERROR_HANDLER.zip there  - it's Eclipse project.
If it is better for you direct deployable WAR - it's
http://www.fonet.cz/MyFacesERROR_HANDLER.war here  (each around 1MiB). After
deploying and starting, application will give you one item in menu and when
you click on "Get NullPointerException", you get custom error page via
org.apache.myfaces.ERROR_HANDLER setting parameter in web.xml. This use-case
only works for me when I bundle MyFaces JARs with application in
WEB-INF/lib. (the real application is much more larger EAR with many EJBs
and other components of course...)

I'm searching possible way to distribute similar application without MyFaces
(I want use server bundled version of MyFaces - only to specify dependencies
in deployment plan as usualy).

Thank you for your time.

Pavel