geronimo-user mailing list archives

From PaJaSoft <janou...@fonet.cz>
Subject Geronimo 2.1.x, standard MyFaces bundle, org.apache.myfaces.ERROR_HANDLER in web.xml - classloading problem
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:21:44 GMT

Hello,

	I'm trying to write own ErrorHandler for handling Exceptions. It's based on
Tomahawk ErrorRedirectJSFPageHandler with some other attributes in
ExceptionContext (error identificator for BFU etc.).

	When I deploy web application under common way (WAR), all is OK, but when
MyFaces catches exception and try to redirect processing to my own handler
(specified in web.xml by parameter org.apache.myfaces.ERROR_HANDLER) I got
error from Tomcat:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error-Handler :
cz.pajasoftovi.TestJSF.ErrorRedirectJSFPageHandler was not found. Fix your
web.xml-parameter : org.apache.myfaces.ERROR_HANDLER

javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.handleLifecycleException(FacesServlet.java:248)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:160)

root cause

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
cz.pajasoftovi.TestJSF.ErrorRedirectJSFPageHandler in classloader
org.apache.geronimo.framework/jee-specs/2.1.4-SNAPSHOT/car

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader.loadOptimizedClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:438)

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:280)
	java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
	java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
	java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
	java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.handleLifecycleException(FacesServlet.java:240)
	javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:160)

	Yes, I known this is classloading issue... so I'm trying to add MyFaces JSF
(1.2) implementation (myfaces-api, myfaces-impl) to application WEB-INF/lib
directory and in Geronimo deployment descriptor I'm hiding javax.faces and
org.apache.myfaces to prevent loading the Geronimo server version of MyFaces
(my and Geronimo version are though identical) and all is working AS
EXPECTED.

	So my simple question is how to modify web.xml (or better in
geronimo-web.xml) to working as expected with Geronimo server bundled
MyFaces package? How to modify classloading by deploy descriptor
(inverse-classloading... don't work)? It's possible by modify deploying
descriptor or some special GBEAN configuration is required? I don't like to
distribute own version of MyFaces...

	Thanks

Ing. Pavel Janoušek
technická podpora