geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Juergen Weber <>
Subject Re: Geronimo Transaction manager
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:13:51 GMT

djencks wrote:
>> So, even if it cannot be used as OTS, can the Geronimo Transaction
>> service
>> be used from outside of Geronimo?
> Geronimo TM just does xa but does not try to do OTS.  It does do
> transaction import so the main obstacle to distributed xa transactions
> (i..e. more than one transaction manager participating in a tx) is the
> lack of a transport mechanism between tms.

Well, sorry, I mis-formulated, by "outside of Geronimo" I meant using the TM
running in Geronimo over the network to control data base operations in
another process.

So, I guess one would need an OTS transport mechanism. Do you think it would
be difficult to expose the Geronimo TM as OTS service?

djencks wrote:
> trunk includes j2ca connector 1.6 spec code which doesn't really alter
> the tm at all but has some other nice features.

Do you mean Transaction Inflow (cited in the slides linked here: ?

Thanks very much for you explanations,