geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Rogue angel <angel-...@mail.ru>
Subject Geronimo sees jars in servlet, but in any object created within this servlet throws NoClassDefFoundError
Date Mon, 23 Feb 2009 16:31:25 GMT

Hello everyone!

I`m lost with geronimo 2.1.1! Situation:
I have a Geronimo 2.1.1 (on 2.1.3 the same problem). I need to register my
logger in geronimo wich extendeds standart JMSAppender. Within tests
everything with JMS messaging works just fine. I followed the guide to
connect JMS applications in Geronimo, described in the wiki. Example
application works just fine. BUT when i added my logger it breaks. Example
application throws exception on line with extended appender:

17:53:25,031 ERROR [[RegisterServlet]] Servlet.service() for servlet
RegisterServlet threw exception
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/jms/Connection
        at webbjms.RegisterServlet.doGet(RegisterServlet.java:118)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:693)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)
        at
        at

So, before line with constructor javax/jms/Connection exists and in this
line it vanishes. 0_o
Have you ever seen situation when classes are visible within servlet, but
not visible in any other classes called in this servlet?

I tried:
- add jars into lib folder
- check jar versions, for both extended appender and example application is
equal.
- deployed jars into geronimo repository

Question: How to make any other class, except called servlet, to see jar
with Connection class in Geronimo?

Here is zip with test application and code
http://www.nabble.com/file/p22164907/webbJMS.zip webbJMS.zip
In this example: UserServlet and AdminServlet are example application,
RegisterServlet - example application with registering appender and throws
NoClassDefFoundError.