geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Hearty <heartyraph...@gmail.com>
Subject Monitoring the database pool
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:59:29 GMT

Is there any api available for writing the code for monitoring the database
pool?
I am interested in knowing active connections,idle connections etc.
I know there is a class "org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" which I
can used for
getting the above information.
But the issue I am facing here is when try to type cast my datasource object
to BasicDataSource
I am getting the following exception

java.lang.ClassCastException org.tranql.connector.jdbc.DataSource
incompatible with org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.

Can any one tell me how to get the connection details programatically?
Is there any class just like of BasicDataSource available as an API?

Thanks in advance