geronimo-user mailing list archives

From bongosdude <>
Subject Re: OpenJPA problems with multi persistence.xml
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 19:43:08 GMT

Hi Kevan

How is the property:
openjpa.MetaDataFactory default setting. The default setting that comes with
geronimo causes openjpa to detect model from classes in the jar file
regardless of the persistence.xml

What should I do to make openjpa look in the persistence.xml for classes
assigned to each persistence unit.

Please help

kevan wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2009, at 10:55 PM, bongosdude wrote:
>> I posted this problem on openjpa forum: Please see this thread at:
>> One of OpenJPA developer replied to my post and pointed out some
>> problem
>> that may be caused by how geronimo configures openjpa. I copied his
>> reply
>> here and hope someone from geronimo developers can comment
>> Hi,
>> It looks like Geronimo might be passing in some extra properties to
>> OpenJPA???  In the trace, there are two openjpa properties that are
>> suspect.  You don't have them in your persistence.xml.  And, if you
>> are not
>> passing them in as system properties, then my next guess is
>> Geronimo.  The
>> two properties that seem to be causing your situation are these:
>> openjpa.MetaDataFactory:
>> jpa(Files=/usr/local/geronimo-
>> tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3/repository/default/callingcard-ear/1.0/
>> openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings: buildSchema(ForeignKeys=true)
>> The first one (MetaDataFactory) specifies which persistence types to
>> process.  Since a jar file is specified, we will search the jar file
>> for any
>> persistence types (regardless of whether they are listed in a
>> persistence.xml file or not).  Our documentation explains this a bit
>> more
>> [1].
> I don't know where the MetatDataFactory setting is coming from... I
> can't find anywhere where it is set by either Geronimo/OpenEJB. Maybe
> I'm not looking in the right places.
>> The next property (SynchronizeMappings) is what I was referring to in
>> earlier e-mails.  This is the property that tells OpenJPA to please
>> create
>> the tables if they do not exist.
> Yes, that's our default setting for SynchronizeMappings. See var/
> config/config.xml
> You can override by adding the following property in your
> persistence.xml
> <property name="openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings" value="false" />
> --kevan

B Amigo:super: