geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Juergen Weber <webe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploy to a non-running server how?
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:49:43 GMT

Thanks, that works so far.

But now the next step. I've created a custom server assembly and reduced a
server to Boilerplate Minimal and OpenEJB. This works, the server comes up.

But how do you deploy EJBs to this server? deploy --offline does not work
(see below), I guess because I did not include any deployer plugin to the
server.
But, deploying to a non-running server is only copying and manipulation of
config.xml, so this should also work from deploy.sh of another full
installation (B) on the same machine.

So, how can I tell deploy.sh of installation (B) to offline deploy to
installation (A) ? This would mean something like --offline --uri
file:/myGeronimoInstallation
But there is no file uri, is it?
At least not in http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/deploy.html

Thanks,
Juergen

var/temp/assembly/bin ./deploy.sh --offline deploy /tmp/MyGBean.jar
/tmp/gbean-plan.xml
Using GERONIMO_BASE:   /geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.3/var/temp/assembly
Using GERONIMO_HOME:  /geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.3/var/temp/assembly
Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /jdk1.6.0_11/jre
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.GBeanNotFoundException: No GBeans found:
[?#org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.Main]
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicRegistry.getGBeanInstance(BasicRegistry.java:153)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.getGBean(BasicKernel.java:286)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.getGBean(BasicKernel.java:282)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.getMain(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:100)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.getMain(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:59)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main(MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:38)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.cli.AbstractCLI.executeMain(AbstractCLI.java:67)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.cli.deployer.DeployerCLI.main(DeployerCLI.java:31