geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: turning off logging for tld validation during startup
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2009 03:59:30 GMT

On Jan 31, 2009, at 8:40 PM, Ray_Clough wrote:

> Due to the high volume of console logging or tld errors during
> startup, I
> want to turn logging off for this class.  I've tried appending this
> to the
> logging properties files, but it doesn't work.  Can you suggest the
> correct
> input?  I've seen a lot of attempts at fixing the tlds, but this
> won't be
> feasible in our case.
>
> # turn off deployment-time logging relating to validation of tlds
> log4j.logger.org.apache.geronimo.deployment.xmlbeans=OFF

xmlbeans is creating the exception, but that's not the source of the
log message. JspModuleBuilderExtension is creating the WARN messages.
The following should suppress the WARNings...

log4j
.logger
.org.apache.geronimo.jasper.deployment.JspModuleBuilderExtension=ERROR

Given the number of TLD's that violate the TLD schema, I wonder if we
should just turn the WARN into a DEBUG...

--kevan