geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Chance Yeoman <cyeo...@cait.org>
Subject Pulling Geronimo Configuration
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 16:09:43 GMT

Hello All,

I am interested in setting up geronimo installations that can pull installed plugins and their
dependencies exclusively from a repository within a master geronimo server.  I hope to eventually
have an automated process allowing cluster members to poll a cluster-specific geronimo server
repository for available, locally uninstalled plugins.  My goal is to be able to more easily
manage geographically separated cluster members and to quickly add or reinitialize nodes.

I've been having trouble getting started as I receive HTTP 401 responses when installing remote
plugins using the admin interface, even with security turned off on the maven-repo URL.  I
can list the contents of the remote server's repository, but not install plugins.

My question is:  Is using the GeronimoAsMavenServlet even the correct approach to pull-based
configuration?  How have others implemented configuration pulling?  Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Chance

--
Center for the Application of Information Technologies