geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with multi persistence units
Date Thu, 12 Feb 2009 18:40:42 GMT

On Feb 12, 2009, at 8:29 AM, Kevin Sutter wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Kevan Miller
> <kevan.miller@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Feb 12, 2009, at 9:08 AM, Kevin Sutter wrote:
>
> No idea where the MetaDataFactory setting is coming from. Don't see
> it being set by either Geronimo or OpenEJB. You sure this is not
> being set by OpenJPA?
>
> Based on the content of the property value, I doubt that OpenJPA
> would know the structure of the Geronimo artifacts...  Somebody is
> passing that value into OpenJPA.  Unless there's a new undocumented
> feature that I am not aware of...  :-)
>
> openjpa.MetaDataFactory:
> jpa(Files=/usr/local/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3/
> repository/default/callingcard-ear/1.0/callingcard-ear-1.0.car/
> callingcard-ejb.jar)

I would say that that's the implicit content of the jar-files field in
PersistenceUnit which an ee container is required to fill in with the
actual locations of the jars to be searched if exclude-unlisted-
classes is off.  I'd guess that openjpa internally uses a jdo friendly
name rather than a jpa friendly name due to its history.

thanks
david jencks