On Jan 26, 2009, at 6:42 PM, Lenin David Lozano Argel wrote:

Well, The Oracle OC4J How To MDB 3,0 use these properties.

You can look at

http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/oc4j/1013/how_to/how-to-ejb30-mdb/doc/how-to-ejb30-mdb.html

The sample in Oracle Oc4J uses these properties. I don't know how to
associate the Connection Factory with the MDB in Geronimo or WAS CE.

Unfortunately oracle doesn't really make clear where the activation config properties come from or how to tell which ones can be used.

They come from the inbound messaging resource adapter.  Unless you install something else, in geronimo that's activemq.  Each inbound resource adapter comes with an ActivationSpec class that is a javabean that indicates the properties you can set on it.  A few of these can also be documented in the ra.xml descriptor for the adapter.  The standard properties for jms inbound adapters are:

The recommended properties for JMS ActivationSpec JavaBean are: destination
(required), destinationType (required), messageSelector, acknowledgeMode,
subscriptionDurability, clientId, subscriptionName.

As you can see, the oracle activation spec does not appear to support destination and uses the decidedly non-standard connectionFactoryJndiName.

I'll update our documentation to make it clearer where the properties we use come from.  However, the geronimo sample is more likely to be a useful guide to deploying an mdb on geronimo than the oracle documentation.

thanks
david jencks

Did you find documentation somewhere to support the properties you are
using?

thanks
david jencks