Hi Luis

Have you found out if it is the uddi module that takes time to start ?

Take a look in your <geronimo home>/var/log/geronimo.out file and look for the "startup timing" lines like this one

Module 18/80 org.apache.geronimo.configs/uddi-tomcat/2.1/car                     started in  3:01.119s

In my case this module normally starts in a five seconds but as you can see here it takes about 3 minutes to start.

If you see a similar startup time when you look in your log file I think the dns timeout problem David is hinting at could be what causing the problem.

If it is the uddi module that takes time to start dose your Geronimo servers (server and laptop) reside on a network with a local managed dns server (other than resolvconf)? If this is the case as in my case maybe David is also right about the problem being caused by some dns configuration issue and not a general dns lookup timeout issue.

If I see this problem again and can not find any problem with the dns configuration I will turn of the uddi module like David suggested.

As your startup problem seems more frequent I am looking forward to here what you find out.

regards
   Peter Petersson

Luis Ortíz Silva wrote:
I'dont think that the machine are the problem beacuse it has 8 processors and 8 GB of ram is a lot of power.

Maybe th JDK is the problem.