geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Fredrik Jonson <fred...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Re: How do I declare and inject a jms resource in a connector component?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:48:51 GMT
In <A3FF9B5E-4D63-4E84-97FC-26F286A14FB4@yahoo.com> David Jencks wrote:

>  Right, connnectors don't support annotations at all. Annotations only
>  work in web apps, ejbs, and javaee app clients.

Ah, figures. Guess I've been spoiled by various ioc frameworks...

After posting I looked a bit deeper and used initialContext.list(name)
to explore the context. There I found the 'jca:' namespace, where I my
application's connection factory was available as:

 "jca:/org.foo/foo-ear/JCAManagedConnectionFactory/ConnectionFactory"

That at least seems to give me a way forward in Geronimo. Remains to
see how it pans out of for other app servers, like glassfish, though.

>  Note also that connectors don't have a configurable java:comp/env
>  naming context: they'll get the java:comp/env context of whatever
>  happens to be calling the connector object.

Good to know.

Thank you David! You deserve a world of credits for your help to us
newbies that are stumbling around here on the user's list.

--
Fredrik Jonson