geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to get hold of a WorkManager in a web app?
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2009 17:24:32 GMT
I assume you are talking about the j2ca work manager we've had for a
long time rather than a newer choice -- I think the ee concurrent spec
may also have a work manager and I don't know about ejb 3.1.

The default work manager isn't bound in jndi right now.  To bind it
you can include a binding gbean like we use for the transaction
manager -- see the plan at plugins/connector/transaction/src/main/plan/
plan.xml or inside the transaction car.  I think yours will look like
this:

     <gbean name="WorkManagerBinding"
class="org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.binding.GBeanBinding">
         <attribute name="name">DefaultWorkManager</attribute>
         <attribute name="abstractNameQuery">?name=
DefaultWorkManager#</attribute>
         <reference name="Context">
             <name>JavaContext</name>
         </reference>
     </gbean>

I think the work manager will then be at java:DefaultWorkManager

I think you can put this gbean in your geronimo plan for your web app
although there might be ordering issues if you try to look it up
during servlet initialization... you could experiment.

thanks
david jencks