geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Add tomcat-specific configuration
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:18:59 GMT

On Jan 13, 2009, at 8:32 PM, Ivan wrote:

> I was always thinking that shall we have a better way to handle all
> the available setting provided by the third-party modules? As we all
> know, usually, all the GBeans only delegate those important and
> popular settings, it is impossible for us to allow all the
> configurations could be done via GBean.  Let us take Tomcat as an
> example, maybe we shall give an interface to set those
> configurations that we do not provide now.

I think we could expose all the knobs on tomcat components in our
gbeans but it might not be the most usable approach.  Basically the
problem is that we have two component containers -- tomcat and
geronimo -- both of which insist on creating all the components
themselves.  While I tend to think that the main problem is that
tomcat mixes the lifecycle and runtime code to intimately the only
realistic way to get farther than we have now is to change geronimo so
the components don't have to be created directly by the gbean
infrastructure.

david jencks