geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: system property for login configuration file
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:25:23 GMT

On Jan 15, 2009, at 1:15 AM, Ivan wrote:

> Shall we need a dumb SecurityRealmGBean which will delegate all the
> calls to the default login config ? In that way, the users could
> have more choices and quickly deploy their existing applications
> which have used the third-party authentication modules.
> Thanks for any comment

This might work, its worth looking into.  I don't think it would be
exactly a SecurityRealmGBean but maybe a SecurityRealmBuilderGBean.

JASPI's (optional) use of JAAS involves this constructor:

         LoginContext loginContext = new LoginContext(realm, subject,
callbackHandler, configuration);

so it might be worth seeing about converting all our login calls to
supply the configuration from whatever source is needed.

thanks
david jencks