geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: deploy and undeploy a gbean
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:41:18 GMT

On Jan 14, 2009, at 3:29 PM, Ricky Ignatius wrote:

> Hi,
> I try to do same thing.
> Currently I use ant to run command line, and call those ant task
> from java.
> For install-plugin, I unable to do that using ant so I use JMX to call
> plugin gbean directly.
>
> It's work so far, is there any bteer way to do that?

I'm a little bit confused about what you want.  The original request
was for advice on how to call some gbean methods from within the
geronimo vm.  We also have a lot of gshell commands that call these
gbean methods from another vm running gshell, and of course there are
lot of maven plugins that let you do this stuff.  You mention ant
repeatedly.... do you want some way to call these methods from ant?
Or from another vm?  JMX should certainly work but you should be able
to write some simpler client code if you use gbean proxies as the
gshell code does.

Ant tasks should be pretty easy to write also, I think no one here
uses ant much so it hasn't been a priority.  If you would like to try
we can give you some advice and if you could contribute them that
would be great!

thanks
david jencks