geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How do I declare and inject a jms resource in a connector component?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:30:56 GMT

On Jan 21, 2009, at 8:13 AM, Fredrik Jonson wrote:

> In <slrngnelvn.8gj.fredrik@scout.jonson.org> Fredrik Jonson wrote:
>
>> The thing is, I do not see any exceptions when I deploy the jca
>> component,
>> and geronimo seems to inject something. Otherwise I'd expect a
>> nullpointer
>> exception on deployment.
>
> Oups, that is not correct. I got a nullpointer, but it was swallowed
> by the
> work manager, so it didn't show up in the log file.
>
> So, the @Resource injection of the jms resources clearly does not
> work in
> my connector component.

Right, connnectors don't support annotations at all.  Annotations only
work in web apps, ejbs, and javaee app clients.

Note also that connectors don't have a configurable java:comp/env
naming context: they'll get the java:comp/env context of whatever
happens to be calling the connector object.  So if you want to use
jndi in an app-independent way you'll have to make sure your jca stuff
is bound in global jndi under known names and look it up using those
names.  These global jndi names will be specific to a particular app
server (at least).  You might be able to configure them using config-
properties.

thanks
david jencks