geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: runtime deployment descriptor
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2009 18:13:38 GMT
The best docs I can find at the moment are at the end of this page:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/configuring-run-as-and-default-subjects-and-principal-role-mapping.html

although it concentrates on how to set up default subjects and run-as
subjects which most people probably won't have to do.

To summarize, the mapping goes in a <security> element in your
geronimo plan (e.g. geronimo-web.xml) and this element contains
explicit mappings between the javaee roles defined in your application
and the principals produced by whatever login modules you have
configured.

thanks
david jencks