geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo: connectionFactoryJndiName not recognized in MDB EJB 3.0
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 07:54:17 GMT

On Jan 26, 2009, at 6:42 PM, Lenin David Lozano Argel wrote:

> Well, The Oracle OC4J How To MDB 3,0 use these properties.
>
> You can look at
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/java/oc4j/1013/how_to/how-to-ejb30-mdb/doc/how-to-ejb30-mdb.html
>
> The sample in Oracle Oc4J uses these properties. I don't know how to
> associate the Connection Factory with the MDB in Geronimo or WAS CE.

Unfortunately oracle doesn't really make clear where the activation
config properties come from or how to tell which ones can be used.

They come from the inbound messaging resource adapter.  Unless you
install something else, in geronimo that's activemq.  Each inbound
resource adapter comes with an ActivationSpec class that is a javabean
that indicates the properties you can set on it.  A few of these can
also be documented in the ra.xml descriptor for the adapter.  The
standard properties for jms inbound adapters are:

The recommended properties for JMS ActivationSpec JavaBean are:
destination
(required), destinationType (required), messageSelector,
acknowledgeMode,
subscriptionDurability, clientId, subscriptionName.

As you can see, the oracle activation spec does not appear to support
destination and uses the decidedly non-standard
connectionFactoryJndiName.

I'll update our documentation to make it clearer where the properties
we use come from.  However, the geronimo sample is more likely to be a
useful guide to deploying an mdb on geronimo than the oracle
documentation.

thanks
david jencks