geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <petersson.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Startup time delay in Ubuntu server
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 11:44:40 GMT
Thank you for your input David

The dns timeout problem David is hinting at could be the case.

Although uddi is related to web services I may have jumped to
conclusions regarding this startup delay problem being linked to one of
our web service applications "miss behaving" although It has appeared
that way.

The next time I see this startup delay again (if it happens again) we
will take a closer look at what the dns service "named" may have put in
the /var/log/syslog log file on our dns server.

Luis: Have you found out if it is the uddi module that takes time to
start ? If so dose your Geronimo servers (server and laptop) reside on a
network with a local managed dns server (other than resolvconf)?

regards
   Peter