geronimo-user mailing list archives

From hivie7510 <>
Subject Setting derby.database.classpath lock failure
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:42:32 GMT

For starters, i am a complete newbie, so slam if you wish.
I am trying to create a function in java for derby that will return the day
of week, aka SUNDAY,MONDAY, etc.  So this is what I have tried:
CALL SQLJ.install_jar('c:\DateFunction.jar',
'APP.RFRTracker."DateFunction!"', 0);

--Set the class path for the DateFunction

create function app.dayOfWeek
    ( dateValue date )
    returns int
    parameter style java
    no sql
    language java
    external name 'mynamespace.DateFunctions.dayOfWeek'

The problem is in the second call to the the class path.  Derby fails to
obtain a lock.  I am not sure if that is because Geronimo is also connected
or what is the deal. I am the only user (human) in the console.  I am trying
to use the procedure outlined in
.  I am trying to load the jars in the database because I thought that this
would be easier, because I  do not know how to set the classpath to inlcude
another directory or if there is already a directory in geronimo that is
designed for this.

Any help is appreciated,