geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Juergen Weber <webe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deploy a GBean - how ?
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2009 17:38:09 GMT

OK, I finally got my GBean deployed. Correct information is in
http://www.devx.com/Java/Article/33549/0/page/3

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<module xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
	<environment>
		<moduleId>
			<groupId>...</groupId>
			<artifactId>...</artifactId>
			<version>1.1</version>
		</moduleId>
	</environment>

	<gbean name="..." class="....">
	</gbean>
</module>

Right now I access the GBean from a servlet using (is that the correct way?)

Kernel kernel = KernelRegistry.getSingleKernel();
URI uri = new URI(myuri);
AbstractName gBeanAN = new AbstractName(uri);
retVal = kernel.invoke(gBeanAN,"myMethod",args,paramTypes);

with myuri from the abstractName field of the GBean in JMX Viewer in
Console, which is quite a long uri.

So I tried to bind the GBean into JNDI as suggested in
http://www.nabble.com/How-to-get-hold-of-a-WorkManager-in-a-web-app--td21400861s134.html

<gbean name="...BeanBinding"
class="org.apache.geronimo.gjndi.binding.GBeanBinding">
        <attribute name="name">...</attribute>
        <attribute name="abstractNameQuery">?name=MyJNIGBean#</attribute>
        <reference name="Context">
            <name>JavaContext</name>
        </reference>
    </gbean>

but then I get Classnotfound for GBeanBinding. How do you specify a
dependency for this class?
and what is the abstractNameQuery for the GBean? the full AbstractName ?

Thanks,
Juergen