geronimo-user mailing list archives

From bongosdude <bongosd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deployment for MySQL XA.
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2009 00:00:05 GMT

Hi

I added this MS SQL resourceadapter into my datasource plan

<resourceadapter>
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>mynuvoip</name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="UserName">sa</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Password">xxxxxx</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="Driver">com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="ConnectionURL">jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=dtalk</config-property-setting>
                    <connectionmanager>
                        <local-transaction/>
                        <single-pool>
                            <max-size>5</max-size>
                            <min-size>0</min-size>

<blocking-timeout-milliseconds>5000</blocking-timeout-milliseconds>
                            <idle-timeout-minutes>15</idle-timeout-minutes>
                            <match-one/>
                        </single-pool>
                    </connectionmanager>
                </connectiondefinition-instance>
            </connection-definition>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>
   </resourceadapter>

When I tried to deploy my plugin to geronimo, it complaints that I did see
MS SQL driver: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver. I have
installed MS SQL jar file to geronimo repostitory. What setting should I put
in plan.xml to tell the deployer get the driver from geronimo repository?

Thanks
-B

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
Configuration
com.myvoip.ipservices/callingcard-datasource/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/car failed to
start due to the following reasons:
  The service
J2EEApplication=null,JCAConnectionFactory=mynuvoip,JCAResource=com.myvoip.ipservices/callingcard-datasource/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/car,ResourceAdapter=com.myvoip.ipservices/callingcard-datasource/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/car,ResourceAdapterModule=com.myvoip.ipservices/callingcard-datasource/0.0.1-SNAPSHOT/car,j2eeType=JCAManagedConnectionFactory,name=mynuvoip
did not start because Unable to load driver class:

bongosdude wrote:

> I have put your suggestions into my plan.xml. but maven still complains?
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <connector xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/connector-1.2">
>     <dep:environment
> xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
>         <dep:moduleId>
>             <dep:groupId>console.dbpool</dep:groupId>
>             <dep:artifactId>my_users</dep:artifactId>
>             <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
>             <dep:type>rar</dep:type>
>         </dep:moduleId>
>         <dep:dependencies>
>             <dep:dependency>
>                 <dep:groupId>mysql</dep:groupId>
>                 <dep:artifactId>mysql-connector-java</dep:artifactId>
>                 <dep:version>5.1.7</dep:version>
>                 <dep:type>jar</dep:type>
>             </dep:dependency>
>         </dep:dependencies>
>     </dep:environment>
>
>     <resourceadapter>
>         <outbound-resourceadapter>
>             <connection-definition>
>
> <connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
>                 <connectiondefinition-instance>
>                     <name>callingcard_users</name>
>                     <config-property-setting
> name="Password">josso123$</config-property-setting>
>                     <config-property-setting
> name="connectionURL">http://localhost:3306/my_users</config-property-setting>
>                     <config-property-setting
> name="UserName">josso</config-property-setting>
>                     <connectionmanager>
>                         <xa-transaction>
>                             <transaction-caching/>
>                         </xa-transaction>
>                         <single-pool>
>                             <max-size>10</max-size>
>                             <min-size>0</min-size>
>                             <match-one/>
>                         </single-pool>
>                     </connectionmanager>
>                 </connectiondefinition-instance>
>             </connection-definition>
>         </outbound-resourceadapter>
>     </resourceadapter>
> </connector>
>
> 1. Maven complains that the attribute DatabaseName is not valid, I have to
> change to connectionURL
> 2. Where does it look to find out if the driver is XA or not?
> 3. I tried to put in the node <ext-module>, maven erred out with message,
> <ext-module> is not valid node
>
> Thanks
> -B
>

> bongosdude wrote:
>>
>> David,
>>
>> I could not figure out how to copy the plan out of the dbpool wizard. Can
>> you show me the steps?
>>
>> -B
>>

>> djencks wrote:
>>>
>>> The easiest way is to use the admin console database wizard.  You can
>>> copy the plan out of the wizard to put into your plan.xml source.  You
>>> can duplicate the xa pool and change the tx element to <no-
>>> transaction> for the non-jta datasource
>>>
>>> thanks
>>> david jencks

-----