geronimo-user mailing list archives

From James Bailey <>
Subject Accessing JMS in web app
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2009 23:53:11 GMT

I'm having a bear of a time trying to get JMS to work from within a web
application.  Here's all the pertinent information.  I've created the
following via the console:

Group: Logging (console.jms/Logging/1.0/rar)
Type - Name - Deployed As - State
Connection Factory - LoggingConnectionFactory - Server-wide - running
Queue - LoggingQueue - Server-wide - running

Here's my web.xml file (simplified a little):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app ...ns... version="2.5">
...other stuff...

The top of my servlet:

...package, imports....
public class TestServlet extends HttpServlet {
	@Resource(name = "LoggingConnectionFactory")
	private ConnectionFactory factory;

	@Resource(name = "LoggingQueue")
	private Queue queue;

All of the above is almost a direct copy of the code from
When trying to deploy, I get the error:

Distribution of module failed.  See log for details.
  Can not resolve admin object ref
?j2eeType=JCAAdminObject,name=LoggingQueue# in configuration
  org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Can not resolve admin
object ref ?j2eeType=JCAAdminObject,name=LoggingQueue# in configuration
  Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.GBeanNotFoundException: No matches
for referencePatterns: [?j2eeType=JCAAdminObject,name=LoggingQueue#]

What am I missing?

P.S.  When will the walk-throughs be updated?  For example,
jms-mdb-jms-and-mdb-sample-application contains invalid information in the
web.xml snippet and using the code as is doesn't work.