geronimo-user mailing list archives

From fladimir <publicfakeemailaddr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to get hold of a WorkManager in a web app?
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:38:33 GMT

Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work. I'm really new to gbeans, though...
Maybe someone here (developer?) knows how this is supposed to be done?

First I tried putting it inside the <application> root tag and it gave me:

org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: Invalid deployment descriptor: errors:

jar:file:/home/apollo/software/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3/var/temp/geronimo-deployer59214.tmpdir/lobby.ear!/META-INF/geronimo-application.xml:6:1:
error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected element
'environment@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2' instead of
'gbean@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2' here in element
application@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0

jar:file:/home/apollo/software/geronimo-tomcat6-javaee5-2.1.3/var/temp/geronimo-deployer59214.tmpdir/lobby.ear!/META-INF/geronimo-application.xml:22:4:
error: cvc-complex-type.2.4a: Expected element
'environment@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2' instead of
'gbean@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2' here in element
application@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0

Same happened when I tried putting it inside <module>. Then I tried putting
it inside <openejb-jar> and it gave me:

Unable to set attribute abstractNameQuery to ?name= DefaultWorkManager#
org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException: Unable to set attribute
abstractNameQuery to ?name= DefaultWorkManager#
	at
org.apache.geronimo.deployment.service.SingleGBeanBuilder.setAttribute(SingleGBeanBuilder.java:90)

I tried putting the gbean-definition in config.xml, inside the module:

    <module name="************/car">
        <gbean name="WorkManagerBinding">
            <attribute name="name">DefaultWorkManager</attribute>
            <attribute name="abstractNameQuery">?name=
DefaultWorkManager#</attribute>
            <reference name="Context"/>
        </gbean>
    </module>

and I got:

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException: New GBeans must be
specified with a GBeanInfo and a full AbstractName configuration=designfa
ctory/lobby/0.2.0/car gbeanName=WorkManagerBinding

Any help?