geronimo-user mailing list archives

From eros <eros.zanche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Startup time delay in Ubuntu server
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 18:19:51 GMT

Hi everyone,

I'm having the same problem using Ubuntu 8.04 server and Geronimo Tomcat6
2.1.3, with Java version 1.6.0_07.

I can reproduce the problem quite easily (in fact, I can't get rid of
it...): I installed geronimo on 3 different computers:

- production server running Ubuntu 8.04 64bit (kernel 2.6.24-23)
- development server running Ubuntu 8.04 32bit (kernel 2.6.24-23)
- virtualbox (2.1.0) machine running Ubuntu 8.04 JeOS 32 bit (kernel
2.6.24-23)

The problem manifests itself on all these computers: whenever I try to start
geronimo it gets stuck loading module 25/68, or at least that's what
/usr/share/geronimo-tomcat6/var/log/geronimo.out says:

Module 25/68 org.apache.geronimo.configs/tomcat6/2.1.3/car

the last line of the other log file
(/usr/share/geronimo-tomcat6/var/log/geronimo.log) while waiting for Module
25/68 to load is:

[SystemProperties] Setting
Property=org.apache.catalina.STRICT_SERVLET_COMPLIANCE to Value=true

Any suggestiong as to what I should try to fix this would be very much
appreciated, and if you need more info just let me know.

Cheers,
Eros