geronimo-user mailing list archives

From bongosdude <bongosd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to create new server runtime in Eclipse with version 2.2-SNAPSHOT
Date Sat, 10 Jan 2009 17:07:51 GMT

Viola,

Yes, I have confirmed last night that sample calculator and my project can
be deployed to 2.1.3 but both failed to be deployed to 2.2-SNAPSHOT. I am
trying to recompile from trunk again in the hope that some bugs are fixed to
clear this hurdle. I will try to follow your recommended steps above and try
again. It is always goods to try new suggestions/recommendations for
problems, especially if the suggestions are from developers with deep
knowledge on the subjects.

And just a note. If I build my projects using car-maven-plugin and deploy it
to 2.2-SNAPSHOT from console, I do not encounter any problems (same as
calculator). But I only encountered problems with Eclipse/GEP deployment.

Thanks

-B

viola.lu wrote:

> Hi,gongosdude:
> First keep geronimo server runtime jvm version consistent with eclipse jvm
> , and if you build G2.2 snapshot with JDK 1.6, you'd better run it on JDk
> 1.6,
> Second pls check your eclipse configuration:
> Windows->Preference->Server->Runtime Environment, Edit your newly added
> server runtime:"Application server install directory" posists a correct G
> 2.2 directory and choose a correct JRE.
> Third, when you defin a new server, pls select correct server runtime
> environment if multiple server runtime have been created.If you run G2.2
> snapshot, but choose a g2.1 server runtime environment, there is problem.
> Four, if possible, can you remove "incorrect version of Apache Geronimo
> v2.1 2 " from your server runtime or server list.
> After that, if all above don't work, pls first make sure your applicaton
> can run well on G2.1.3 server runtime via GEP 2.1.3. Currently, Latested
> GEP version 2.1.3 only has been verified on G2.1.* G2.0.*.
>
> Hope can help you
> GOOD Luck.
> Viola.Lu
>

> bongosdude wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried to build geronimo-2.2-SNAPSHOT from trunk and created new server
>> runtime in eclipse. Eclipse complains with
>>
>> An incorrect version of Apache Geronimo v2.1 2 was detected.  Version 2.1
>> was expected, but version 2.2-SNAPSHOT was found.
>>
>> Is it OK to ignore this message or did I do something wrong here. I
>> currently could not deploy my EAR/CAR file from eclipse and I suspect
>> that this error may be the cause.
>>
>> -B

-----
B Amigo:super: