geronimo-user mailing list archives

From bongosdude <bongosd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where does log message go?
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 22:57:00 GMT

Kevan,

I can predepoy/deploy CAR to my local geronimo. But I could not deploy the
my EAR using eclipse GEP. I could not find out what are the problems. Do you
have any hints/suggestions/ideas on how I can find out what are wrong? I had
this problems for several days and I was really do not how to proceed.

Thanks for any helps

-B

bongosdude wrote:

> I used console and or Eclipse GEP. Both did not log to deployer.log and I
> did not see any specific error message to state why the deployment failed.
> Hope that I can give you more details to diagnose the log problems.
>
> Thanks
> -B
>
> Kevan Miller wrote:
>>

>> On Jan 9, 2009, at 9:19 AM, Donald Woods wrote:
>>
>>> The deployer.log will only get created if you use the
>>> deployer.sh|.bat script.  If the error occurs in the server during
>>> deployment, then look at the geronimo.log and/or geronimo.out files...
>>>
>>> BTW - Are you using the deployer script, the Admin Console or
>>> Eclipse to deploy your app?
>>
>> There have been some cases where we failed to log appropriate failure
>> information during deployment and silently failed deployment. If
>> you've encountered such a problem, let us know and we'll work on fixing.
>>
>> --kevan

-----
B Amigo:super: