geronimo-user mailing list archives

From fishchips <>
Subject How to get OracleConnection from oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection?
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 09:03:43 GMT

We have Geronimo AS 2.1 with a datasource configured for an oracle 11

This datsasource is used in an MDB:
@Resource(name="jdbc/SOAP_LOGG_NRDS") private DataSource ds;
Connection conn=ds.getConnection();

getAssociation() on this connecton returns a
Calling getPhysicalConnection() on MenagedJDBCConnection I get
( Interestingly, I  only can call getAssociation and getPhysicalConnection
using reflection.
Casting like
                  OracleConnection oraConnection2 = (OracleConnection)
((ConnectionHandle) conn).getAssociation().getPhysicalConnection();
results in ClasscastException. )

What I actually need is an OracleConnection to pass into
CLOB.createTemporary() or something like this.

How can I cast this connection to OracleConnection?

Or how can I configure a datasource to make it return me something
compatible with OracleConnection?