geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Aufdencamp" <m...@aufdencamp.com>
Subject RE: Building a JSON Web Serivce
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 02:22:53 GMT
Not sure you can do it from a "Web Service", but you might want to check
out this article "Create an asynchronous message framework with Ajax and
Apache Geronimo" -
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-ag-asynchajax/index.html.
 It's an excellent architectural approach utilizing Geronimo to route
AJAX request and return JSON responses.

Coming from the .Net world, I'd also recommend taking a look at the
JSON-lib library to form any JSON on your own from a servlet or jsp.  I
personally had some problems with escaping special characters and this
library made life really simple.  Feel free to contact me off list if
you have generic JEE/JSON questions that aren't pertinent to Geronimo.

Mark Aufdencamp
Mark@Aufdencamp.com