geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to Inject Datasource into session stateless bean?
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:42:06 GMT

On Jan 11, 2009, at 7:08 PM, bongosdude wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have created sucessfully a data pool name="jdbc/mydb" and below is
> my
> stateless ejb
>
> @Stateless(name="myslsb")
> @Local(ISessionLocal.class)
> @Remote(ISessionRemote.class)
> public class MySLSB implements ISessionLocal, ISessionRemote {
>
>    @Resource(name="jdbc/mydb")
>    private DataSource ds = null;
> }
>
> my slsb ejb tried to get a datasource and pass it to another bean
> which can
> execute a stored procedure. however, when I try to deploy it from
> eclipse, I
> got the following error:
>
> Unable to resolve resource reference 'jdbc/mydb' (Could not auto-map
> resource.  Try adding a resource-ref mapping to your Geronimo
> deployment
> plan.
>
> 1. I have tried all value for the name, including the global JNDI
> value but
> all failed with the same error.
> 2. If I have to modify openejb-jar.xml, can someone give help on how
> to add
> ref to datasource in the openejb-jar.xml

For servlets you definitley need and I think for ejbs also that the
plugin or module that defines the datasource is a parent of the
application with the annotation.  So, if you're deploying all these as
geronimo plugins, you  can add the datasource plugin as a maven
dependency of the ejb app plugin.  If you are deploying directly you
can include the datasource id in the list of dependencies in the
geronimo plan.

thanks
david jencks