geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Spring 2.5
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2008 15:51:47 GMT

On Dec 3, 2008, at 9:49 AM, rdomingo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm just st arting to use geronimo, but it seems hard to get it up and
> running...
>
> My application deploy's fine to tomcat and to geronimo-jetty6-
> minimal-2.1.3,
> but it doesn't work in geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.3, Please help
>
> When I deploy to geronimo-jetty6-minimal-2.1.3 all works fine, but I
> like to
> have a management console which I can't use in the minimal
> version... (see
> also my other thread  'can't install console on geronimo jetty 2.1.3
> minimal')
>
> When I deploy to geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.3I recieve following
> error:
> NoSuchMethodError:
> org
> .springframework
> .beans.factory.xml.XmlReaderContext.getResourceLoader()Lorg/
> springframework/core/io/ResourceLoader;
>
> It seems related to the spring libraries used during runtime...
> I tried:
> - adding the 2.5.5 spring libs to the repository
> - forcing the use of spring 2.5.5 by changing the
> artifact_aliases.properties
> - tried to remove all spring stuff, but this couldn't be done without
> removing the console...
>
> I just can't get it to work... :(

IIRC, cxf is introducing spring into the application classloader. This
can lead to spring version conflicts (case in point...). You can
filter spring from the parent classloaders and use the application
supplied spring jars, instead. The following geronimo deployment plan
should do the trick:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1"
xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1"
xmlns:naming="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/naming-1.1">
   <dep:environment>
     <dep:moduleId>
       <dep:groupId>org.mygroup</dep:groupId>
       <dep:artifactId>MyApp</dep:artifactId>
       <dep:version>1.1</dep:version>
       <dep:type>car</dep:type>
     </dep:moduleId>
     <!--
          Don't load spring classes or resources from parent
ClassLoaders.
       -->
     <dep:hidden-classes>
       <dep:filter>org.springframework.</dep:filter>
       <dep:filter>META-INF/spring</dep:filter>
     </dep:hidden-classes>
   </dep:environment>
</web-app>

You should be able to generate a minimal server with admin console
capabilities (adding console to a minimal server or from javaee server
using the admin console).

--kevan