geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: class-loading
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 01:19:10 GMT

On Dec 15, 2008, at 11:55 AM, Jazon wrote:

> Hi,
> I am trying to deploy a web app to Geronimo 2.2-SNAPSHOT. In my
> geronimo-web.xml, I have <dep:inverse-classloading/>
> But when the web app starts, I got the following Exception, Can
> anybody tell me how to solve this problem?
> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException: Getter
> return type in wrong classloader: type: interface
> wanted in classloader:
> [org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader
> id=com.test/testwar/1.0/war] actual:
> [org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileClassLoader
> id=org.apache.geronimo.framework/jee-specs/2.2-SNAPSHOT/car]

Looks like you're including java ee spec classes (e.g. in your application
ClassLoader. You've directed us to load the class from your
application ClassLoader. However, this is causing a conflict with
internal operations.

I usually prefer to avoid <inverse-classloading>, and use
<filter><hidden-classes>, to filter appropriate packages from the
application classloader. E.g.:

You can perform conceptually similar filtering using inverse-
classloading, with <non-overridable-classes>. Try this for starters:

View raw message