geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to deploy web application to one port
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 07:56:09 GMT

On Dec 4, 2008, at 10:59 PM, viola.lu wrote:

> You can create two geronim instances in one server:instance A in
> http port
> 2150, instance B in port 2051, then deploy hello_1 to instance A,
> hello_2 to
> instance B.

I think creating two entire server instances is a bit extreme and e.g.
if both web apps are connecting to the same ejb app might not work as
efficiently as possible.

However, AFAIK you have to set up a second jetty server in your
geronimo instance.  Basically, copy the plugins/jetty plan (from
source), call it something else, edit it (e.g. the ports), and deploy
it.  I'd copy the maven project and build a plugin, but you can deploy
the plan separately if you want.  You can also include all the gbeans
in your geronimo plan for your web app.  You need to indicate in the
geronimo plan which web server you want the app to be deployed on.

There are micro instructions for geronimo-tomcat here related to a
sample app:

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/app-per-port-running-multiple-web-apps-on-different-ports.html

If you come up with something relevant for jetty and want to help us
with our docs and samples that would be great!

I think I recall talking with Greg about filtering web apps per port
in jetty but I don't think you can actually do it right now.  I think
he said it would be very easy to add though.... maybe we can get it
into jetty 7.

thanks
david jencks