geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Custom Server Config - errors
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 18:47:18 GMT

On Dec 16, 2008, at 8:27 PM, Ray_Clough wrote:

> I have created a custom Server config using the Geronimo Console.
> Some pages
> cause an "IllegalStateException - no org.apache.InstanceManager set in
> ServletContext".  When I run in the full server, I do not get this
> error, so
> it must be something missing from my configuration.  The app uses
> jsf (with
> Facelets) as well as older JSPX pages.  I think that it is the JSPX
> pages
> which cause the problem.  Any ideas what I did not include which I
> should
> have?

We use a customized version of jasper that handles annotations in a
way that can be related to geronimo's handling.  This has been in
tomcat trunk for over a year but has not yet made it into an official
tomcat release.  If you are precompiling your jsps with a non-geronimo
jasper you would get the error you note.  However since your app runs
OK before extracting the custom server it seems there must be another
problem.  Could you check what jasper version is in your custom server
and original geronimo server?

Do you supply a geronimo-plugin.xml for your app or do you let
geronimo generate it?  If you can find it and show the environment
section that would be helpful.

thanks
david jencks