geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ejb compilation without IDE
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2008 14:47:25 GMT

On Dec 24, 2008, at 8:34 AM, axiez wrote:

> I have Apache Geronmo with Tomcat installed on windows. I have coded
> a simple
> bean class and business interface and want to compile them without
> using any
> IDE? I tried javac but got the compilation error "package javax.ejb
> does not
> exist". Any suggestions?

You need the Java EE EJB spec jar. If building using maven, you could
add the following dependency to your pom:

         <dependency>
             <artifactId>geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec</artifactId>
             <scope>provided</scope>
         </dependency>

For plain old javac, you'll need the following jar on your classpath:

<geronimo-home>/repository/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-
ejb_3.0_spec/1.0.1/geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec-1.0.1.jar

--kevan