geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Tim McConnell <tim.mcco...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: car-maven-plugin and GEP
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2008 05:02:18 GMT
Hi bongosdude, here are the steps I used to accomplish this for the "calculator"
sample:

1.  Ensure that you have a Geronimo server defined in Eclipse (Trunk for example)

2.  Build the 2.1.2 samples in maven

3.  In Eclipse, import the resulting EAR file from Step #2 (i.e.,
calculator-ear-2.1.2.ear) and be sure the runtime defined in Step #1 is specified
  as the target runtime. This will create three projects in Eclipse for you:
calculator-ear-2.1.2, calculator-ejb-2.1.2, calculator-war-2.1.2.

4.  Just to ensure that everything is working fine up to this point I would go
ahead and deploy the EAR file imported from Step #3 to your Geronimo server
defined in Step #1. Ensure that it deploys and then invoke the WAR file:

	-----> http://localhost:8080/calculator-war-2.1.2/

5. Undeploy the EAR file deployed in Step #4, and stop the server

6. Copy/Paste the three java files in SVN (i.e., in
\samples\tags\samples-parent-2.1.2\samples\calculator\calculator-ejb\src\main\java\org\apache\geronimo\samples\slsb\calculator)

into the Eclipse package org.apache.geronimo.samples.slsb.calculator for the
calculator-ejb-2.1.2 project. This package should have been created for you
during the import in Step #3; if not, go ahead and create it yourself prior to
the Copy/Paste.

7.  For the calculator-war-2.1.2 project create this package:
org.apache.geronimo.samples.calculator

8.  Copy/Paste the single java file in SVN (i.e.,
\samples\tags\samples-parent-2.1.2\samples\calculator\calculator-war\src\main\java\org\apache\geronimo\samples\calculator\
CalculatorServlet.java) into the package created in Step #7

9.  In Eclipse, add the calculator-ejb-2.1.2 project to the build path for the
calculator-war-2.1.2 project to ensure that everything builds

10.  To demonstrate that you can debug the source code, set a breakpoint on line
56 of the CalculatorServlet.java source file

11.  Start the Geronimo server in "debug mode"

12.  Redeploy the calculator-ear-2.1.2 to Geronimo server

13.  Ensure that it deploys and then invoke the WAR file again:

	-----> http://localhost:8080/calculator-war-2.1.2/

14.  Finally, click the "add" or "multiple" Operation button on resulting web
page and the Eclipse debugger should stop at the breakpoint you set in Step #10

That's it !! Is this the information you're looking for though ?? If not, please
let me know. Thanks much and good luck !!