geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Janko Heilgeist <janko...@dalighe.de>
Subject Resolving wsdlLocation with jax-ws-catalog.xml
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:46:39 GMT
Hi,

I have a problem, trying to deploy an EAR with a web service. The EAR
contains a lib/mycore.jar with all classes, SEI and service stub
generated from an existing WSDL (which is also inside this JAR). Another
myservice.jar contains the actual EJB implementing the web service.

I tried to annotate the web service implementation with

@WebService( ..., wsdlLocation="http://example.com/myservice.wsdl")

and add a META-INF/jax-ws-catalog.xml to lib/mycore.jar:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD XML Catalogs V1.1//EN"
"http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.1/catalog.dtd">
<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
	<system
		systemId="http://example.com/myservice.wsdl"
		uri="wsdl/myservice.wsdl"/>
</catalog>

Glassfish resolves the absolute wsdlLocation with the help of the
catalog file. But Geronimo seems to ignore the jax-ws-catalog.xml in the
classpath and throws an exception during deployment. (I use 2.2-SNAPSHOT
to leverage JAX-WS 2.1.)

Why does Geronimo ignore the jax-ws-catalog.xml? Is this not implemented
yet?

Janko