geronimo-user mailing list archives

From DRS2 Usenet <DRS2.Use...@sengsational.com>
Subject Re: Out of memory during second publish - reproduced
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 03:03:06 GMT
Kevan Miller wrote:
> FYI, I just ran a number of deploy, hit url, undeploy cycles without
> hitting any problems. I wasn't using Eclipse, but don't think that
> should cause a difference...
>
> I used the following Java settings for my server:
>
> export JAVA_OPTS="-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
> -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError"
That's the ticket!  On my Eclipse startup,
I added "-vmargs -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"
and in eclipse.ini I added -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m (on separate lines)
and also on the "run configuration" for Geronimo 2.1
I added -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m and started the
server from the run configuration.

I've deployed / undeployed four times without error!! Success!!

I'm not sure the memory config is required in all of those places.
My machine seems to have only one copy of the javaw.exe, even when
Geronimo is running, so it's apparently running as a child of the VM
that Eclipse
starts.  Never learned much about how that nesting is supposed to work, or
whether the ini or command line Eclipse stuff "wins".  But it's working, so
thanks for the tip.

--Dale--