geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cannot install any Geronimo Sample apps
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 17:55:28 GMT
Vista introduces new security constraints, so some simple questions to
help debug what's going on (as I don't have a Vista machine to test with) -

- Are you running Geronimo under the same User as it was
installed/extracted with?

- Does the user account you're running Geronimo under have Admin rights
or is just a User?

- Where did you extract Geronimo too?  Under your \Users\<uid>\
directory or to something like C:\ ?  Extracting it to a location
outside your home directory would be a problem for normal users.  I was
just setting up a new Win2008 Server and noticed I could extract files
to c:\geronimo, but did not have the rights as a user to modify/delete
files (just create them) until I edited the default permissions for the
directory.  Maybe this is your problem on Vista...

-Donald