geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ray Clough" <rcclo...@kamakuraco.com>
Subject RE: Custom Server Config - errors
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 23:18:12 GMT
I just use the deployer to deploy the app, and I am completely unable to find anything which
looks like a generated plugin file.  My custom server is named 'RiskPortalServer', which I
generated from the full server using the Geronimo console functions.  The deployed module
is 'default/RiskPortal/1.0/war', and I do indeed see this deployment path in the Repository,
but no added plugin file.  If you could suggest where the plugin might reside, that would
help.

My best guess is that I left something important out of the server dependencies, but I have
no way of knowing what, without doing a trial and error one-module-at-a-time process, which
I could complete sometime around the next millennium.  I want the console app, transactional
capability, jsf, and jsp pages, with jndi-resolved database connections, and deployers for
all these.  The problem is with the JSP pages only, I believe.

The stack trace from a JSP page begins with this:
11:04:11,093 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No org.apache.InstanceManager set in ServletContext
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.InstanceManagerFactory.getInstanceManager(InstanceManagerFactory.java:39)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.getServlet(JspServletWrapper.java:144)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)
	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)
	at org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesRequestContext.forward(ServletTilesRequestContext.java:198)
	at org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.ServletTilesRequestContext.dispatch(ServletTilesRequestContext.java:179)
	at org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:606)
	at org.apache.tiles.impl.BasicTilesContainer.render(BasicTilesContainer.java:246)
	at org.apache.tiles.web.util.TilesDispatchServlet.doGet(TilesDispatchServlet.java:83)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:693)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:630)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:436)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:374)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:302)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForward(RequestProcessor.java:1078)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processForwardConfig(RequestProcessor.java:396)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:232)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:693)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
	at com.kamakura.rp.web.interceptors.UserInitializerFilter.doFilter(UserInitializerFilter.java:137)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at com.kamakura.rp.web.interceptors.LoginFilter.doFilter(LoginFilter.java:104)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at com.kamakura.rp.web.interceptors.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(AccessLogFilter.java:110)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
	at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.DefaultSubjectValve.invoke(DefaultSubjectValve.java:51)
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
	at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:406)
	at org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.invoke(GeronimoBeforeAfterValve.java:47)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:568)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

My generated server contains the following plugins/modules:
1.  Geronimo Assemblies :: Boilerplate Minimal
org.apache.geronimo.assemblies/geronimo-boilerplate-minimal/2.1.3/jar
2.  Geronimo Framework, Configs :: GBean Deployer
framework/geronimo-gbean-deployer/2.1.3/car
3.  Geronimo Framework, Configs :: GShell Framework
framework/gshell-framework/2.1.3/car
4.  Geronimo Framework, Configs :: GShell Geronimo
framework/gshell-geronimo/2.1.3/car
5.  Geronimo Framework, Configs :: JSR-88 CLI
framework/jsr88-cli/2.1.3/car
6.  Geronimo Framework, Configs :: JSR-88 DeploymentFactory
framework/deploymentfactory/2.1.3/car
7.  Geronimo Framework, Configs :: Online Deployer
framework/online-deployer.2.1.3/car
8.  Geronimo Plugins, AXIS :: AXIS
configs/axis/2.1.3/car
9.  Geronimo Plugins, Connector :: Transaction Manager (JTA11)
configs/transaction/2.1.3.car
10.  Geronimo Plugins, Console :: Plugin and Deployment Portlets (Tomcat)
plugins/plugin-console-tomcat/2.1.3/car
11.  Geronimo Plugins, Console, Tomcat
plugins/console-tomcat/2.1.3/car
12.  Geronimo Plugins, Debug Views :: Tomcat
plugins/debugviews-console-tomcat/2.1.3/car
13.  Geronimo Plugins, J2EE :: JSR-88 JAR Configurer
configs/jsr88-jar-configurer/2.1.3/car
14.  Geronimo Plugins, J2EE :: JSR-88 RAR Configurer
configs/jsr88-rar-configurer/2.2.3/car
15.  Geronimo Plugins, J2EE :: JSR-88 WAR Configurer
configs/jsr88-war-configurer/2.1.3/car
16.  Geronimo Plugins, J2EE :: Server
configs/j2ee-server/2.1.3/car
17.  Geronimo Plugins, Jasper :: Jasper
configs/jasper/2.1.3/car
18.  Geronimo Plugins, MyFaces :: Deployer
configs/myfaces-deployer/2.1.3/car
19.  Geronimo Plugins, MyFaces :: MyFaces
configs/myfaces/2.1.3/car
20.  Geronimo Plugins, OpenJPA :: OpenJPA
configs/openjpa/2.1.3/car
21.  Geronimo Plugins, System Database :: Console (Tomcat)
plugins/sysdb-console-tomcat/2.1.3/car
22.  Geronimo Plugins, Tomcat :: Deployer
configs/tomcat6-deployer/2.1.3/car
23.  Geronimo Plugins, Tomcat :: Tomcat
configs/tomcat6/2.1.3/car
24.  Geronimo Plugins, Welcome :: Tomcat
configs/welcome-tomcat/2.1.3/car

I hope this info is what is needed to solve the problem.  Thanks very much,
- Ray Clough