geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: question on Geronimo files
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2008 21:12:49 GMT

On Dec 31, 2008, at 12:45 PM, OneTimer wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to inquire on the purpose of the two following files:
>
> var\txlog\howl_1.log
Transaction manager log containing entries for prepared transactions
and committed transactions.  During tm recovery these are matched up
and the unmatched ones have their tx commit finished.

> var\activemq\journal\control.dat
This is an activemq file that contains persistent messages that have
not yet been completely delivered and have not been around too long.
I think but don't know that it uses a similar "write only" strategy to
the howl log.  Messages that aren't delivered fairly promptly are
moved to some other persistent storage such as jdbc.  ActiveMQ 5 (now
used in trunk/2.2) uses a different persistence mechanism.

hope this helps
david jencks