geronimo-user mailing list archives

From bongosdude <bongosd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: car-maven-plugin and GEP
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2008 23:19:05 GMT

Tim,

I have verified that those steps you laid out work perfectly. However, my
question is: there are two environments here that we have to manage: maven
and GEP. Why does not the command: maven -Dwtpversion=1.5 eclipse:eclipse
work here? When team members copy/paste sources into imported EAR projects,
the team lose the synchronization with SVN repository. Or I am missing
something here?

Thanks.

-B

bongosdude wrote:

> Tim,
>
> I got the latest source from geronimo svn trunk and step 4 works now. I
> successfully deployed calculator using GEP as you described in step 4.
>
> Thanks

> bongosdude wrote:
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> Yes, this is what I am trying to do.
>>
>> - Your step 4: what method should I use to test deploy of calculator.ear
>> to my local geronimo-2.2-snapshot? It seems that GEP fails to know how to
>> deploy to geronimo-2.2-snapshot runtime.
>>
>> Thanks

>> Tim McConnell wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi bongosdude, here are the steps I used to accomplish this for the
>>> "calculator"
>>> sample:
>>>
>>> 1.  Ensure that you have a Geronimo server defined in Eclipse (Trunk for
>>> example)
>>>
>>> 2.  Build the 2.1.2 samples in maven
>>>
>>> 3.  In Eclipse, import the resulting EAR file from Step #2 (i.e.,
>>> calculator-ear-2.1.2.ear) and be sure the runtime defined in Step #1 is
>>> specified
>>>   as the target runtime. This will create three projects in Eclipse for
>>> you:
>>> calculator-ear-2.1.2, calculator-ejb-2.1.2, calculator-war-2.1.2.
>>>
>>> 4.  Just to ensure that everything is working fine up to this point I
>>> would go
>>> ahead and deploy the EAR file imported from Step #3 to your Geronimo
>>> server
>>> defined in Step #1. Ensure that it deploys and then invoke the WAR file:
>>>
>>> 	-----> http://localhost:8080/calculator-war-2.1.2/
>>>
>>> 5. Undeploy the EAR file deployed in Step #4, and stop the server
>>>
>>> 6. Copy/Paste the three java files in SVN (i.e., in
>>> \samples\tags\samples-parent-2.1.2\samples\calculator\calculator-ejb\src\main\java\org\apache\geronimo\samples\slsb\calculator)

>>> into the Eclipse package org.apache.geronimo.samples.slsb.calculator for
>>> the
>>> calculator-ejb-2.1.2 project. This package should have been created for
>>> you
>>> during the import in Step #3; if not, go ahead and create it yourself
>>> prior to
>>> the Copy/Paste.
>>>
>>> 7.  For the calculator-war-2.1.2 project create this package:
>>> org.apache.geronimo.samples.calculator
>>>
>>> 8.  Copy/Paste the single java file in SVN (i.e.,
>>> \samples\tags\samples-parent-2.1.2\samples\calculator\calculator-war\src\main\java\org\apache\geronimo\samples\calculator\
>>> CalculatorServlet.java) into the package created in Step #7
>>>
>>> 9.  In Eclipse, add the calculator-ejb-2.1.2 project to the build path
>>> for the
>>> calculator-war-2.1.2 project to ensure that everything builds
>>>
>>> 10.  To demonstrate that you can debug the source code, set a breakpoint
>>> on line
>>> 56 of the CalculatorServlet.java source file
>>>
>>> 11.  Start the Geronimo server in "debug mode"

> [...]

-----
B Amigo:super: