geronimo-user mailing list archives

From axiez <lesai...@gmail.com>
Subject ejb client
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2008 15:14:24 GMT

I want to run sample code to understand ejb 3.0 basics. I am new to ejb. I
have the following java files: ShoppingCartBean.java, ShoppingCart.java and
Client.java. The Client.java file has the following code:
import javax.naming.InitialContext;
public class Client {
        ShoppingCart cart = (ShoppingCart)
ctx.lookup("ShoppingCartBean/remote");
    }
    My plan is to have client on a different JVM than ejb container. I
wonder how the client can execute bean method without even knowing IP
address etc of the JVM that has the other code on ejb container.